The international trend of globalization and regional integration vigorously bring about various development schemes and plans, including the “Belt and Road” Initiative, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank and the strategic development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Bay Area. International commerce and trade are expected to increase, together with commercial disputes. Enterprises’ demand for high-end legal, dispute resolution, risk prevention, and management services, etc. are also growing. When it comes to the different advantages and shortcomings of different means of dispute resolution, the traditional legal, mediation and arbitration professionals are not satisfying clients’ needs. Clients nowadays have high expectations of international professional dispute resolution advocacy services, hoping that legal, mediation and arbitration professionals can have broader categories of service to provide better protection for the clients’ overall interest. When offering dispute resolution advocacy service, professional international dispute resolution advocates should first carry out a risk assessment and analysis of overall interest for the client to assist the client in choosing the most effective dispute resolution means and related professional dispute resolution professionals, evaluating the other party’s considerations and negotiation strategies, and also the feasibility and execution details of the settlement agreement, etc.
This course will equip students with the different knowledge and skills needed in dispute resolution advocacy and maximize the settlement benefits for clients in selecting the correct means to resolve and during the dispute resolution and negotiation processes. Participative exercises, case studies and role-play will be included in this well-rounded training, to prepare students for the accreditation assessment for being an International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate.
Level of course
- Client’s Demand for High-End Dispute Resolution Services
– The development of the dispute resolution profession
– Understanding the means of dispute resolution
– How high-end dispute resolution services can satisfy clients’ needs
– Shortcomings of traditional dispute resolution services
– Sharpening the competitive edge of legal professionals and dispute resolution experts
- The profession of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
– The brand-new international professional service
– Risk prevention
– Risk management
– Early assessment
– Dispute resolution
– Enforcement of the agreement/ arbitral award
– Professional qualification and role of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate
– IDRRMI International Dispute Resolution Mechanism
– Cross-profession, Cross-culture and cross-border collaboration of International Dispute Resolution Mechanism
– Advantages of International Dispute Resolution Mechanism to legal professionals, dispute resolution experts, and clients
- Professional Services offered by International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
– How to assist your client in choosing the means of dispute resolution
– Choosing the appropriate dispute resolution personnel, venue and time
– Procedures of IDRRMI of International Dispute Resolution Service
– Service charges and rules
- Preparation Work of International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocates
– Logistics – organizing the dispute resolution process
– Documentation – preparing the documentation
– People – preparing the team for the dispute resolution process
– People – lawyer’s preparation
– Strategy – preparing the opening statement
– Strategy – preparing for private sessions
- Fighting for the best interests of the client during mediation
– Opening phase
– Exploration phase
– Managing time effectively
– Bargaining phase
– Dealing with deadlock
– Settlement phase
- Highlights of the combination of dispute resolution mean
– Combination with the court
– Combination with the arbitration
- Mediators, Arbitrators, Solicitors, Barristers, Internal Legal Consultants of all organizations
- Senior Management and Executives
- Chief Financial Officers and Legal Affairs Officers
Upon completion of this Course
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance in the course will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance
- Students attaining ≥ 70% attendance and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- Candidates successfully passing the assessment are eligible to apply to be the International Professional Dispute Resolution Advocate of International Professional Advocate Association (“IPAA”) with the presence of the Certificate of Completion or the Assessment Results within a year
Course Detail on our collaborating Academy (AIDRN)
Course application terms and conditions
- A. Registration must be made by returning the completed online application form via google link and sending the crossed-cheque or copy of the bank-in slip to Room506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong before the deadline. Confirmation will be notified by email upon successful application shortly after the application deadline. No Refund will be arranged in all circumstances after the Confirmation is sent.
- B. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Secretariat 3 days after the application deadline, your name will be wait-listed. Your submitted cheque will be voided subsequently by the Secretariat if you have not been assigned a place in the captioned course or If your course fee was made by bank transfer, a cheque will be issued to you as the payment refund.
- C. Participants must sign in and sign out. Participants who are late for more than 20 minutes or leave earlier in each session will not be qualified for the completion of the respective accredited organisation’s CPD Points in respective sessions.
- D. If you are not able to attend the captioned course after the receipt of the confirmation email, you are required to inform the Secretariat as soon as you are aware of unavailability on/ before the course date by email. No refund will be made after confirmation.
- E. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals are hoisted and not lowered by 2 hours before the lesson start, the lesson will be postponed or canceled. Rescheduled date/ time/ venue will be announced in due course.
- F. In case of any disputes, the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation reserves the right to make final decisions.
- G. The course is subject to change at any time without liability.