While negotiation is a part of every aspect of our daily life, it is a core skill for many professionals. It exerts an important influence on the market value of the business and the organization. This skill is particularly crucial for deal-making, vendor pricing, team and corporate management, and dispute resolution. Good negotiation skills can increase benefits in a deal, sustain healthy relationships, build a better team and corporate environment, and uplift profits.
How shall I prepare for a negotiation? What are the right techniques I shall apply at this stage? What can I do if I want to be a better negotiator in my daily life and at work? You might have asked yourself these questions during formal or informal negotiation.
Our business negotiator course will equip you with the skills and confidence both at and away from the negotiation table. It will benefit executives, middle and upper-middle management workers who intend to increase their ability and influence in negotiations. No matter you are a lawyer, mediator, businessman, or a professional from another field, this course will facilitate your professional development in negotiation and your career.
Level of course
- Foundation, concept, and types of negotiation
- Psychology in negotiation
- Risk analysis and management
- Preparation and process of negotiation
- Tactics and strategies in negotiation
- Skillset on effective communication, option generation, and negotiation
- Solutions for unsuccessful negotiation
- Negotiation role-play exercises
- Anyone involved in negotiation at work
- Mediators and lawyers
- Social workers
- Individuals who are interested in learning negotiation
- Individuals who are interested in becoming a ‘Professional Business Negotiator’ of IPAA
End-of-course assessment and assignment
- Students attaining 100% attendance in the course and passing the end-of-course assessment will be awarded a Certificate of Completion
- Candidates successfully passing the end-of-course assessment and the assignment are eligible to apply to be a Professional Business Negotiator of IPAA with the presentation of the Certificate of Completion or end-of-course assessment results within a year. Application fee and annual fee shall refer to IPAA‘s website.
Course application terms and conditions
- A. Registration must be made by returning the completed online application form via google link and sending the crossed-cheque or copy of the bank-in slip to Room506, 5/F, West Wing, Justice Place, 11 Ice House Street, Central, Hong Kong before the deadline. Confirmation will be notified by email upon successful application shortly after the application deadline. No Refund will be arranged in all circumstances after the Confirmation is sent.
- B. If you do not receive an email confirmation from the Secretariat 3 days after the application deadline, your name will be wait-listed. Your submitted cheque will be voided subsequently by the Secretariat if you have not been assigned a place in the captioned course or If your course fee was made by bank transfer, a cheque will be issued to you as the payment refund.
- C. Participants must sign in and sign out. Participants who are late for more than 20 minutes or leave earlier in each session will not be qualified for the completion of the respective accredited organisation’s CPD Points in respective sessions.
- D. If you are not able to attend the captioned course after the receipt of the confirmation email, you are required to inform the Secretariat as soon as you are aware of unavailability on/ before the course date by email. No refund will be made after confirmation.
- E. If typhoon signal no. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning signals are hoisted and not lowered by 2 hours before the lesson start, the lesson will be postponed or canceled. Rescheduled date/ time/ venue will be announced in due course.
- F. In case of any disputes, the Academy of International Dispute Resolution & Professional Negotiation reserves the right to make final decisions.
- G. The course is subject to change at any time without liability.